Tuesday, April 7, 2015

The perfect solution for my problem

A couple of nights ago, I told my husband Bruce, that I really needed help figuring out something I could do to protect my head at night.  When I wake up due to pain, I often sit up in bed, hoping that by changing positions the pain will die down some. For some reason, laying down seems to be the worst possible position I can be in for my back.  When I can sleep sitting up like you would in a recliner, the pain isn't nearly as bad.  So I've tried to adjust my pillows and wedges so that I can partially sit up in bed and sleep that way.   
 
When I do sit up though, I'm so groggy, that after a bit, I'll fall back to sleep and my head will roll off the pillows behind me onto the headboard, which hurts and wakes me up again. (the falling back to sleep and not being able to wake up completely is also caused by the RA/Sjögren's)  But I'm so out of it, that before I can tell myself to move and scoot down in bed, I fall asleep again and again am awakened by my head hitting the headboard!  This often goes on for hours so that when I finally do wake up enough to get out of bed, both my head and neck hurt as well as my back. So that's why I was telling my husband that I just had to come up with some way that I could sleep without that happening anymore.

I received a package in the mail the very next day after telling him about it, and it was a fairly large box. I pulled the stuff out of the inside of the box so the cats could have it to play with.  They love to play in boxes and bags lol.  Well, when I pulled it out, it turned out that it was two large pieces that went around the sides of the box and the top and bottom of it, and they were thickly padded.   I could immediately see it behind my pillows as a way to protect my head. It was like it had been made specifically for me and that problem!  It was exactly the right width and height and everything.  
 
So with the help of a thin blanket, some safety pins and duct tape, I put them together and now have it behind my pillows against the headboard.  It's perfect so that now when I sit up, my head won't hit the headboard but instead will be supported by a nice padded board with a soft crocheted blanket thrown over it!  I just took a picture of it with my web camera.  Couldn't get it straight on as the cord won't reach that far, but you'll be able to see what I mean anyway.  I thought it was so neat the way the Lord provided the perfect solution for my problem!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on this so we can encourage and share with each other..